Linksys Extender is a device that boosts your router signal and improves the performance of your home network. There are two types of extenders i.e Desktop range extenders and Plug-in Wi-Fi extenders. Desktop range extenders look like a small router and need to place on a surface. Also, it has a number of Ethernet ports so that you can connect multiple devices to it. On the other hand, Plug-in Wi-Fi extenders have a single ethernet port and connect directly to the wall socket. Further, you can set up your extender by accessing extender.linksys.com on your system. So, for Linksys Extender Setup, you need to follow the given guide.
Procedure for Linksys Extender Setup
To set up your range extenders from extender.linksys.com, follow the step-by-step procedure that is given below:
- First of all, connect your extender to the power outlet. For that, plug the one end of the power cable to the extender and the other end to the power outlet.
- Now, check that the LED lights located on the front of the extender. Make sure that the LED lights blink and then become stable.
- After that, connect your computer to the extender either wirelessly or using a wired connection.
- In case of a wired connection method, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the computer and the other end to the extender. Make sure that the cable is properly inserted.
- For wireless setup, connect your computer or mobile device to the range extender default Wi-Fi name. If you are unable to find your extender name in the available list of Wifi, place your extender near to the computer. If your extender name is still not found, reset your extender. For that, press and hold the reset button on your extender until the light blinks.
- Launch a Web Browser: Now, you need to open a web browser, for example, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc on your system. Type, extender.linksys.com in the address bar which is located at the top of your screen. Then, press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- It will take you to the extender setup window. Select your preferred language by clicking on the drop-down menu box in the language field. The field is located at the bottom-left corner of the window. Then, click on the Start button and move forward to the next step.
- Now, the Licence Agreement window will display on your screen. Read all the terms and conditions of the agreement thoroughly by scrolling down the page. You must agree with all the terms in order to complete the extender.linksys.com setup.
- So if you have read and accepted the terms, click on the “I Agree” button positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window. But if you do not accept the agreement, the extender.linksys.com setup will be canceled.
- Next, it will start searching for the wireless networks in range. Once the searching process is done, a list of available networks will appear on your screen. For linksys extender setup, select your wireless network name from the given list of options. You can click on “I don’t see my network” if you are unable to find your network in the list.
- But if you have a hidden Wi-Fi name, click Manually enter network name and password. Then, follow the below-given instructions:
- In the first field, you need to enter your network name.
- Then, select your security mode by clicking on the drop-down menu box from the given field.
- Next, enter your Wi-Fi password and then click on the Next button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- After that, the Spot Finder checks your extender location. If your extender is too close or too far, relocate it accordingly. This technology helps in determining the signal strength between the range extender and your router. But if you do not want to change the location of your extender right now, you can click on “Connect Anyway” and move the extender after the setup is completed
- To complete the extender.linksys.com setup, you have to create an administrator password for better security of your network. You will be asked to provide this password in order to view or change your range extender settings. To set a password, follow the steps that are given below:
- In the first field, create an admin password that should be both secure and memorable. Also, consider all the password-specific requirements while creating the password.
- To confirm your password, type the admin password again. Make sure that you have entered all the same characters as in the above field. Otherwise, it will show you an error.
- Also, you need to type a password hint in the “add a password hint” field. If you forgot your password sometime in the future, the hint will help you to remind your password.
- Then, click on the Save button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- At last, it will show the setup complete window stating- “Your extender is configured”. This means that your extender is successfully installed.
- Next, you need to unplug the power cables of the router and range extender. Then wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Now, plug in the router first and make sure that the LED lights of your router blinks and then become stable. After that, plug in the extender. Your range extender will now easily connect with your router.
This completes the Linksys Wi-Fi Extender Setup from extender.linksys.com.