Linksys Connect is a software that is designed to easily configure your router. It helps you to install and manage the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router on your system. By using this application, you can connect your computer and other wireless devices to the Wi-Fi in a few minutes. Also, the software includes some advanced features that are given below:
Linksys Connect helps you in protecting your kids from online threats and viruses. With this feature, you can restrict the internet access of your children, personalize the settings, block malicious websites, etc.
After enabling the Guest Access feature, your guests will only be able to access the internet without having access to your personal files and data. It also prevents them from accessing the computers and devices that are connected to your main network.
Personalize the Router Settings:
Once your router is set up successfully, you can change the router settings according to your preference such as Wi-Fi name and password.
Download Linksys Connect
To download Linksys Connect on your system, you need to follow the step-by-step procedure that is given below:
- First of all, open a web browser on your system, for example, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Now, type support.linksys.com in the address bar located at the top of your screen. Then press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- The support page of Linksys will appear on your screen. In the “Search by product name or Model Number field”, type the model number of your device. You can find the model number at the backside of your router.
- It will redirect you to the Download window. Click on the Download Software tab given there.
- In the next window, you need to select the hardware version of your device. The hardware version is given beside the model number on the label located at the backside of the router. If there is no version number mentioned, the device version is 1.
- Once you find the version of your device, click on the arrow key to open the extended list of Hardware version. Select your hardware version and operating system from the list and then click on the Download link given next to your selected version.
- By doing so, a dialog box of End User License Agreement will appear on your screen. Read all the terms and conditions carefully by scrolling down the page. To download the software, you must agree with the terms of the agreement. Hence, click on the agree button and move forward to the next step.
- After that, the Linksys Connect software will start downloading on your system. As the process may take a few minutes so you need to wait for its completion.
- Make sure that you do not close the window or turn off the system in between the download process. Otherwise, it will stop downloading the file.
- Once the setup file is downloaded, it will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder.
Set Up Your Linksys Router
After downloading Linksys Connect software, you need to pursue the below-given instructions to install and set up your router:
- Open the Downloads folder on your system. If you are a Mac user, open Finder and then select Downloads from the left side of the Finder window.
- Now, locate the setup file of Linksys Connect and then double-click on it.
- By doing so, it will show you a pop-up box of User Account Control asking you- Do you allow the program for making changes to your computer? Select the Yes option.
- The main screen of the program will appear on your screen. Read the license terms by clicking on its link. Also, click on the “Additional License Information” link and review the details carefully.
- If you agree with the terms, select the checkbox “I have read and agree to the License Terms for using the software”
- Also, select your language from the field located at the bottom left corner of the window. Then, click Next.
- Now, connect one end of the power cable to your router and the other end into an electrical outlet. Also, connect one end of the blue cable to the yellow port on the router and the other end to the modem.
- In the next window, select your region from the given list and the program will look for internet service providers and connection settings for that region. Then, click on the Next button located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now, you need to connect your router to the computer using a network cable. For that, connect the one end of the network cable to the yellow port at the back of your router. Then connect the other end of the cable to the computer. After that, click on the Next button.
- The software will start setting up your router. Setup may take some time so you need to wait patiently.
- Once the devices are connected, it will show you the “Linksys Router Settings” window. Here, you can view your auto-generated Wi-Fi name and password. To keep your network secure, you must or change your router name and password. Also, set a strong Wi-Fi password that should contain 8-63 characters. Then, click on the Next button.
- The setup wizard will continue with the installation process by identifying the type of internet connection being used. Then, click Next.
- If you are using a DSL connection, you will be asked to provide your account details. Enter your account name and password which were assigned by your internet service provider when you set up your internet connection. Then, click Next.
- Now, you need to wait until the internet connection is established. When the Confirmation window appears, click on the OK button. This means that your Linksys routers is successfully installed.
- At last, you will be redirected to the main window of Linksys Connect.
- Now, you can adjust the router settings, connect other devices and limit internet access times and websites.
This completes the setup of Linksys Connect.