Linksys Extender Setup
Important Factors To Consider For Linksys Extender Setup
- If your extender is a desktop range extender, you must have an ethernet cable to connect your extender with the computer.
- The browser you use to open the Extender Setup page must be upgraded and the browsing history should be cleared.
- Your router must have the WPS Push button if you are going to set up your extender using WPS technology.
- To establish a connection among your router and extender, you should know your wireless network name and password.
Different Methods to Setup Your Linksys Range Extender
Here are the four different methods by using which you can quickly set up your extender.
Method 1: Through extender.linksys.com
- In the initial stage, connect your extender to a working electrical outlet and to the computer.
- Now, access a high-performance web browser like Chrome, Opera, Safari, and insert the URL extender.linksys.com in the address field.
- In the “Login” pop-up box, leave the Username field blank and type “admin” in the password field. Following this, click “OK”.
- A list of nearby routers will be visible on your screen. Select your network name. Then you will be asked to enter its password, provide your wifi password and tap Next.
- Now, give a new name to your extended network, and a unique password. Click Next and set an administrator password. Click Save and this ends the Linksys Extender Setup process.
Method 2: Perform Linksys Extender Setup Using WPS Push Button
The WPS Push-button is a quick and easy way to set up your Linksys Extender. So, firstly push the WPS button on your extender for at least 5 seconds or until you see the WPS LED light blinking. In about 2 minutes, press the WPS push button on your router and keep waiting till the connection is developed. The stable WPS light on your extender will assure you that the connection has been successfully done.
Method 3: Extender Setup By Providing Router’s PIN
- To commence the process, launch an internet browser and reach the setup page by either using the web URL i.e extender.linksys.com or providing the IP address i.e 192.168.1.1.
- Input “admin” in the password field correctly and hit the “Login” tab. When the Linksys Extender setup page gets displayed, spot the “Wireless” tab, and then select it. Continuing with this, enable the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” option.
- A new window will open up, input your router’s PIN into its assigned field. You can obtain this PIN from your router’s label.
- In the last step, tap on the “Register” button. Within just a few moments, you will notice that the Wireless LED light on your extender stops flickering and becomes solid.
Method 4: Using the Linksys Extender Setup CD
Insert the CD into the optical disc drive of your PC. The setup dialog box will automatically come up on your screen. Click Setup and then study the License Agreement carefully. If you agree, then enable its checkbox and click Next. Link your extender to the power outlet and computer. The software will detect your extender, select the default name, and click Next. Proceeding forward, select your wireless network name, give its password and click OK. When the connection is done successfully, click Close. This completes the Extender Setup with the help of a CD.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can Multiple Devices be linked with Linksys Extender?
Ans1. Linksys Extender helps you to boost the range and speed of your Wifi. Once you have connected your extender to the router, you can link multiple devices such as mobile, tablet, or PC to your new extended wireless name easily.
Q2. How to perform Linksys Extender setup using mobile?
Ans2. Linksys Extender setup can be easily done through mobile. All you need to do is to visit extender.linksys.com, login by using default credentials, connect to your wireless router, and then set all the settings of extender such as name, password, admin password, etc. on the basis of your preference.