Linksys re6500 Setup
Linksys re6500 is a range extender that helps in improving the performance of your network. It acts as an extension to your router or access point so you can connect multiple devices to it. Also, it has a Spot Finder technology that guides you where to place your extender for optimal coverage and range. For the Linksys re6500 setup, you need to follow the given guide.
Linksys Setup by Manual Method
Pursue the below-given steps for Linksys re6500 Setup manually:
- First and foremost, unbox your Linksys re6500 extender and remove its packaging.
- Then, connect your extender to the power outlet. For that, connect the antennas to the range extender and its power adaptor to the electrical board.
- After that, you need to wait until the LED lights of the extender blink.
- To continue with the process of Linksys re6500 Setup, you have to connect the extender to the computer or mobile device either wirelessly or using the wired connection method.
- For a wireless connection, you need to connect your computer or mobile device to the extender default Wi-Fi name. For that, click on the Wi-Fi icon on your device and select the default “Linksys Extender Setup” wifi name from the list.
- But if you intend to establish a connection between Linksys re6500 extender and the computer using a wired connection, use an appropriate ethernet cable. Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the computer and the other end to the extender. Ensure that the cable is properly inserted and your computer is not connected to Wi-Fi.
- Launch a Web Browser: To proceed with Linksys re6500 setup, you need to open a web browser on your computer or mobile device. You can open Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Now, type extender.linksys.com. in the address bar which is located at the top of your screen. You can also type the default IP address i.e 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. By doing so, it will show you the Login window.
- Now, you need to provide the login password. Hence, type the default password admin in the password field and click Login.
- After that, the main screen of the Linksys re6500 Setup will appear on your screen. On the setup page, select your desired language by clicking on the drop-down menu box given in the field. The language field is located at the bottom-left corner of the window. Then, click on the start button given there.
- Now, it will take you to the Licence Agreement window. Review all the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement. For Linksys re6500 setup, you must agree with all the terms and conditions. So to confirm your acceptance, click on the “I Agree” tab which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window. But if you do not accept the agreement, the extender setup will be cancelled.
- In the next window, it will start searching for all the wireless networks in range. Then, it will show you a list of networks, select your network from the list. But if you are unable to find your network, click on “I don’t see my network”. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to detect your network.
- If you have a hidden network, click on “Use Hidden Network” and then fill the below-given fields:
- Enter the name of your network(SSID)
- Choose the type of security used by your network
- Then, enter the password of your wireless network.
- After that, click on the Next button.
- Now, it will determine if the signal strength between your range extender and the router is right. If your range extender is too close or too far, move it to a better location. Then, click on the Next button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- At last, you need to create an administrative password to view or change the range extender settings. So, follow the instructions that are given below:
- In the create an admin password field, set a password that should be secure and memorable.
- To confirm your password, type the password again.
- In the next field of “Add a password hint” enter a hint that will help you to remember your password. But this field is not compulsory to fill.
- After that, click on the Save option given there.
- Finally, “Your Extender is Set up” window will appear on your screen. This means that your range extender is successfully installed.
- Now, unplug the power cables of the router and range extender for 30 seconds. Then, plug in the router first and wait for all the LED lights to be stable. After that, you need to plug in the extender.
- Your range extender should now synchronize with your router. This completes the Linksys re6500 Setup.
Wi-Fi Protected System is helpful in maintaining a stable connection between the extender and wireless devices. For Linksys re6500 Setup, you can use this method if your router has a WPS push button feature.
Using WPS Button:
- First of all, press the WPS button on the router.
- Now, press and hold the WPS button located on the top panel of your extender.
- When the connection is complete, the Wi-Fi protected setup light will become solid.
Using the Device WPS PIN or Router’s PIN.
- First of all, open a web browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- On the login window, type your default Linksys credentials and click Login.
- It will take you to the setup page, select the Wireless option from the upper-panel of the window. Then, select the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” radio button.
- Now, enter the extender’s WPS PIN or Router’s PIN into the required field.
- Then, click Register.
- Once the connection is established, the WPS light on the extender will become solid.
This completes the Linksys re6500 Setup process.