Linksys Router Setup
Connect the Router
For the Linksys router setup, firstly you need to connect the router with the modem. For that, follow the given steps:
- Carefully Unbox the power cable and the network cable of your Linksys router.
- Insert the one end of the network cable into a LAN port of your modem and another end into the yellow port of your Linksys router.
- Now, you need to plug the router’s power cable into its port and the adaptor into the electrical outlet.
- After that, switch on the router by pressing its power button which is located at the back of your router.
Install Your Linksys Router
- Connect your Linksys router to the computer: To continue with the process of Linksys router setup, you need to connect your router with the computer by using an appropriate Ethernet cable. So, plug the one end of the cable to the router and the other end to the Computer.
- Check the router’s LED: Once you have connected the devices, check the lights located on the front panel of the router. Make sure that the LED lights corresponding to the Ethernet ports are lit.
- Access the Linksys Router Setup Page: Open your favorite web browser on your system, for example, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.
- Now, type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar located at the top of your screen. Then, press the Enter key from your keyboard. If you are unable to launch the smart setup, you can enter the default IP address i.e 192.168.1.1 or type myrouter.local in the browser’s address bar.
- License Agreement: The main screen of the Linksys router setup will appear on your screen. Read all the terms and conditions of the license agreement by clicking on its link. Then, return to the setup window. For the Linksys router setup, you must agree with all the terms of the agreement, hence tick the box given there. Then, click on the Next button given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- If your internet does not work after this, the router will provide you some tips and suggestions that you may check. Once the connection problem is resolved, the Linksys router will check for the recent and latest updates.
- Install Future Router Updates: In the next window, you need to tick the checkbox “Install Future Router Updates automatically”. By doing so, all the latest router updates will automatically be installed in the future. After that, click on the Next button positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Name Your Wi-Fi: In the next window, you need to fill the necessary fields that are given below for Linksys router setup:
- In the Wi-Fi Name field, enter the name that you want to allot to your Wifi network. Your network name must between 8-32 characters. Also, the 5GHz name is generated by placing “5GHz” behind the network name.
- In the next field, create a Wi-Fi password that should be secure and easy to remember.
- Then, click on the Next button.
- Reconnect to Your Router: Connect to the Wi-Fi name that you have just created. Then return to the setup page and click Next.
- Create a Router Password: To see your router settings and for Linksys router setup, you need to create a password for your router.
- In the first field, type a password that should contain alphanumeric characters.
- Then, add a password hint that will help you to remember your router password.
- After that, click on the Next button given there.
- Now, you will get the “Your Router is set up” screen. This means that your router is installed correctly and successfully set up. Also, the new Wi-Fi settings, as well as the new router password, will be displayed on your screen. Click on the Next button to end the Linksys router setup.
- By doing so, it will redirect you to Create your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account Page.
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account Creation Procedure
- Open an internet browser and invade linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar.
- After that, the “Linksys Smart Wi-Fi login” window will appear on your screen.
- As you are a new user, click on the Create Account tab which is given at the upper-right corner of the page.
- Now, you need to fill out the necessary details. Give your first name and last name into their respective fields.
- Then, provide a valid email address to receive important emails from Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.
- Retype your email address for confirmation into the next field.
- Now, create a password that must be secure and memorable. Your password must contain 8-128 characters, uppercase and lowercase letters and numeric values.
- To confirm your password, retype your password into the next field.
- Also, select your preferred language from the field by clicking on the drop-down menu box. The language field is given on the right side of the window.
- Also, to get notifications of the latest Linksys products and services, select the given checkbox.
- After that, click on the Create My Account tab.
- Now, you will receive an email to confirm your account.
- Open the confirmation mail and tap the Sign In link to activate your account.
- By doing so, it will redirect you to the login window. In order to login to your Linksys router, you need to provide the login credentials. So, type your mail address belongs to your Linkys account into the given field.
- Then, enter the password that you have used while creating your account.
- Now, to save your login details, tick mark the box of Remember Me. Whenever you signed in again, you will directly login to your account without providing your credentials.
- Then, click on the Sign In button.
You can also login to your Linksys router by entering the default IP address i.e 192.168.1.1. Then, provide the default password “admin” and click Login. This completed the process of Linksys router setup.