Linksys Smart Wifi
Linksys Smart WiFi is a portal where you can create an account for login to your Linksys router. This is a free service that comes with Linksys Smart WiFi routers. It provides you secure access to your home network from anywhere, at any time, even from your mobile devices. This means you can access your home router settings and network activity using Linksys cloud account on your home computer, mobile phone on-the-go, or even computer at work. It also has a parental control feature that allows you to protect your kids from online threats. By creating an account, you can easily connect new devices, get access to Smart WiFi mobile apps and much more. Further, you can change the Linksys router settings- wireless, internet, password reset, etc after login to your account. Hence, you need to follow the given procedures for account creation and login.
Create a Linksys Smart WiFi account
Access the Login Page
- Start the process by opening a web browser i.e. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc. You can find the browser icons on the desktop of your system.
- Now, you need to type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar which is positioned at the top of your screen. Then, press the Enter key from your keyboard to access the login page.
- By doing so, the “Linksys Smart Sign In” window will appear on your screen. As you do not have an account, you need to click on the Create Linksys Account tab located at the top-right corner of the window.
- For creating an account, you will be asked to fill the significant fields.
- In the first field, provide your first name.
- Then, type your last name.
- To continue with the account creation process, enter your email address into the required field.
- Afterward, re-type your email address in order to confirm it. Ensure that you are typing the exact characters as in the above field. Otherwise, it will show an error- Email address does not match.
- Now, you need to create a password that should be difficult to guess but easy to remember. Also, your password must be according to the specifications given below:
- The password must be between 8-128 characters.
- Must include both the uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Also, your password should include some numeric values.
- To proceed further, type your password again for confirmation.
Terms and Conditions
- Also, review all the terms of Linksys Smart WiFi carefully. You must agree with the terms to complete the process of account creation. So, select the checkbox “I have read and accepted the End User License Agreement, Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.
- To get updated with the latest notifications of the Linksys products, you need to tick the checkbox “ Send me information about Linksys Products, services, and special offers”.
- Lastly, click on the “Create My Account” tab to finish the process of account creation.
Check Your Email
- Now, you will receive an email to verify your account. In your mail inbox folder, search for “Linksys Smart WiFi” and then open the email. But if you are unable to find the mail in the inbox folder, check it in the junk or Spam folder.
Linksys Router Login Procedure
Once you have created an account, you can sign in to your account by entering your registered login credentials. Before login to your Linksys Smart WiFi account, connect the Linksys router to your system. For that, you need to attach one end of the Ethernet cable to the router and the other end to your system. Make sure that the cable is properly inserted and the power light of your router is on.
- Activate Your Account:
- Account Confirmation Mail: After creating an account, Linksys Smart WiFi will send you an email to confirm your account. The mail also includes instructions for signing into your account. Hence, open the email and click the “Sign In” link given in the mail. It will redirect you to the Linksys Smart WiFi Sign In window.
- Otherwise, type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar and press the Enter from your keyboard.
- Enter the registered email address: On the Login window, type your email address that is linked with your Linksys Smart Wifi account. Make sure that you have entered all the characters in small case letters with no unwanted spaces.
- Enter Password: Now, provide your password into the next field, that you have created at the time of account creation. But if you are typing the wrong password again and again or forgot your password, click on the Forgot Your Password link. Then, follow the steps displayed on your screen to set a new password.
- Save Your Login Credentials: Now, select the checkbox of the “Remember Me” in order to save your login credentials. By doing so, you will not be asked to enter your linksys router login details whenever you signed in again.
- Sign In: To log in to your Linksys Smart WiFi account, click on the Sign In button which is given at the right side of the window.
- Associate Router: To change the router settings, you need to link the router with your Linksys Smart WiFi account. Hence, provide your router’s password into the given field. The default password is “admin”. In case, you have changed your router’s password, use the current password instead. Then, click on the OK button.
Now, you are signed in to your account and you can change all the available settings of your router.