Linksys WiFi Extender
Linksys WiFi Extender helps in increasing the speed of your internet and provide internet connectivity in dead zones. You can directly connect your devices to the extender and enhance the performance of your home WiFi. Further, for Linksys WiFi Extender Setup, you need to follow the given guide.
Pursue the below-given methods to set up your Linksys WiFi Extender by using the manual method.
- Place your extender near to the computer.
- Now, connect the antennas of your range extender and keep it an upright position.
- Now, take an appropriate power cable. Then, connect the one end of the power cable to the extender and the other end to the wall outlet.
- Next, check the LED lights of your extender. Make sure that the LED light blinks and then becomes stable.
- Afterward, you need to connect your computer to the extender’s default SSID. The default extender name is “Linksys Extender Setup”. But if you are unable to detect your extender name, reset the extender. For that press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds or until the LED starts blinking to restore to its factory default settings.
- But if you want to connect your extender with the computer using a wired connection, use an ethernet cable. Plug the one end of the cable to the computer and the other end to the ethernet port of your extender.
- After that, you need to open a web browser on your system or mobile device for the Linksys WiFi extender setup. You can open Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Then, type extender.linksys.com or your range extender IP address in the address bar. Note that the default IP address of the extender is 192.168.1.1.
- Now, you will be prompted to provide your login credentials in order to access the extender setup page. Hence, you need to type the default password i.e admin in the password field. Then, click on the Login tab given there.
- The extender Setup window will be shown on your screen. Click on the License Agreement link and read all its terms and conditions. Then return to the main screen. To continue the Linksys WiFi extender setup, you have to agree with all the terms of the agreement, Hence select the checkbox “I accept the End User License Agreement”.
- Also, tickmark the box of “Automatic Software Updates” to install all the latest updates in the future. Then, click on the “Start Setup” tab which is given at the bottom of the window.
- In the next window, select “As a wireless range extender” or “As a wired range extender” Then, click on the Next button.
- Now, it will start searching for the wireless network in range. After that, a list of available networks will appear on your screen. Select your Wi-fi name from the list. Then, enter your network password and click on the Next button.
- But if your network is not listed in the list, click on “I don’t see my network” and then follow the on-screen instructions to detect your network. In case, you have a hidden network, click on “Use Hidden Network Name” and then Manually enter your network name and password. For that, follow the given steps:
- Enter your network name in the first field.
- Then select your security code by clicking on the drop-down menu box.
- After that, enter your Wi-fi password in the password field. Then, click on the Next button.
- Now, the Spot Finder technology indicates that you have placed your range extender in the ideal location for maximum coverage. Then, click “Next” which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Next, the “Register Your Product” window will display on your screen. Once you register, you can get notifications of important security updates, product recalls and other things that will improve your performance.
- To register your product, enter your email address into the given field. Also, select the checkbox given there to get updated with the special offers and information from Linksys.
- In the next window, you need to create an administrator password. The device came with a default admin password. To secure your Linksys WiFi extender and network, you need to change the default password. So, following are the steps given to set a new password:
- In the first field, type a password that must be strong and memorable.
- Then, enter your password in order to confirm it.
- Type the admin password again for confirmation.
- To remember your password, enter a password hint into the next field.
- After that, click on the Save button.
- Now “Your Extender is setup” window will appear on your screen. You can connect your Wi-Fi devices to the extended network that you have just created.
Linksys Wifi Extender Setup using WPS Method:
WPS method helps in maintaining a stable connection between your router and the extender. You can either use the physical button on the router or log in to the web-based extender.linksys.setup page. So follow the below-given procedures for Linksys WiFi Extender setup:
Using WPS Button:
- Firstly, plug the extender into the electrical outlet.
- Then, press the WPS button on your router and make sure that LED lights are lit.
- Within two minutes, press the WPS button on your extender.
- Wait till the extender establishes a connection with the router.
- Once your extender is connected, the WPS light on your extender will become solid green.
Using the WPS PIN or Router’s PIN.
First and foremost, you need to connect your extender to the power cable. Then, plug the one end of the ethernet cable to the computer and the other end to the extender.
- Open a web browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- It will show you the Login window. Enter the default password “admin” into the password field and click OK.
- From the upper-panel of the window, select the Wireless tab and then choose the Wi-Fi Protected Setup radio button.
- Linksys extender setup page will appear on your screen. Enter the WPS PIN into the required field, if your extender includes the WPS PIN. Otherwise, you can enter the Router’s PIN. The router’s PIN is located at the backside of your linksys router.
- Then, click on the Register button.
- After the connection is completed, the LED light on your extender will become solid.
This completes the Linksys WiFi Extender setup.