Linksys WiFi Extender
Overview on Linksys Wifi Extender
Here are some features of Linksys Extender that you can avail after performing its setup.
- Linksys Extender is equipped with dual-band technology that helps you in boosting the Wifi speed and range.
- Linksys Extender has ethernet ports that let you to directly connect it with your PC for establishing a strong network connection.
- Some of the Linksys Extenders come with detachable antennas that enhance the speed of your Wifi and eradicate all the dead zones.
- Linksys Extender can be easily installed by visiting the setup page or using the WPS push button. Additionally, you can use the setup CD provided to you by your service provider.
Execute the Linksys Wifi Extender Setup Process
Method 1. By Launching the Extender Setup Page
- Turn on your extender by attaching the one end of the power cord to the extender port and another end to the electrical outlet. When the power LED light flickers, link your extender to the PC by acquiring an ethernet cable.
- Launch a protected and safe web browser on your PC and input 192.168.1.1 in the address field. By pressing the Enter key, the Linksys Extender Login window will turn up on your screen.
- Insert “admin” in the password field and to proceed forward, press the OK button. Then a router list will present on your screen, select your Router SSID name and then specify its passphrase. Tap Next, set a new name and password for your extended Wifi network. Afterwards, you will view the “Make a Secure” window. Set an administrator password for your extender, confirm the password, and add a hint also.
- After configuring your range extender settings, the Confirmation window will get displayed on your screen with your new admin password. Hence this concludes the Linksys Wifi Extender Setup.
Method 2: Using the WPS Push Button on Your Extender and Router
If your router and Linksys extender support the WPS push button, you can go for this method also. To perform the WPS method, look at the below-listed steps, and follow them cautiously.
- Power on your extender and router by plugging them both into the wall outlet. Also, your extender must be placed close to the router.
- Locate the WPS Push button on your Linksys Wifi extender and press it for about 5 seconds. You will see the green LED light of your extender start blinking.
- Immediately, go to your router and press the WPS button on it. You have to keep pressing the button for at least 5 seconds.
- Once you see that the extender WPS light stops blinking and becomes solid, you can release the WPS push button on your router. In this way, you can develop a connection between your router and extender.
Learn how to Update Your Linksys Wifi Extender Firmware
It is important to update the firmware of Linksys Wifi Extender on a frequent basis in order to improve its functionality. So here is the comprehensive process that will assist you on how to perform the “Linksys Extender Firmware Update” process.
- By running an internet browser, go to extender.linksys.com. Doing so, the Login window will be available on your screen. Input your Extender admin password and then tap on the “Login” button.
- On the setup page, select the “Firmware Upgrade” option which is given beneath the section of “Administration”.
- If you have enabled the automatic update feature while setting up your extender, you will see the “Update Now” button in the next window.
- Otherwise, you have to manually perform the Firmware update. For that purpose, click on the “Choose a File” tab which is mentioned on the “Firmware Upgrade” window.
- Now, select the Firmware file that you have downloaded before and then click on the “Open” tab.
- This will open up a new window on your computer screen. Locate and click on the “Start Upgrade” button. This will start the Update processing. Ensure that you are receiving strong wifi signals while updating.
- When you see that the Firmware Update is successfully done, click on the Continue button. In this manner, you can update your extender whenever you are required to do so.