Linksys Router Login
The Linksys router web interface is the place where all the router settings are stored for example connectivity, wireless, security, etc. For making changes to the default settings, you need to login to your Linksys router. Also, you can change your router password after signing into your account. Once you have logged in, you will be able to adjust all the available settings according to your preference. Further, you can log in to your Linksys router in two ways- login with your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account or by using the IP address of your router. If you intend to log in from Linksys Smart Wi-fi, you need to create an account first. Hence, follow the given guide for account creation and Linksys router login.
How to create a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account?
Follow the step-by-step instructions that are given below to create a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account for Linksys router login:
- First and foremost, open a web browser, for example, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc. on your system.
- Now, type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar located at the top of your screen. Then press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- In the next “Linksys Smart Sign In” window, click on the Create Account tab which is positioned at the upper-right corner of the window.
- Now, you need to enter the necessary information in the fields provided for creating an account. So, type your first and last name into their respective fields.
- Then, enter a valid email address into the next field to receive important emails from Linksys.
- After that, type your email address again for confirmation.
- Now to maintain secure access to your account, you need to create a password. So, create a strong and secure password by considering all the password-specific requirements. Your password must contain between 8-128 characters, alpha characters, and numbers.
- In the Confirm Password field, re-type your password. Make sure that you have entered all the same characters as in the above field. Otherwise, it will show you a pop-up box stating that “The password does not match”.
- Now, read all the terms and conditions of “End User License Agreement”, “Terms of Service” and “Privacy Statement” by clicking on their links. For creating a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account, you have to agree with all the terms.
- So if you have read and accepted the terms, select the checkbox given there.
- In addition, if you want to get notifications of the Linksys products, services, and special offers, tick mark the given box.
- At last, click on the “Create My Account” tab which is positioned at the right side of the window.
- Now you will receive an email to confirm your account that also contains a link for Linksys router login.
This completes the account creation process of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.
Linksys Router Login Procedure
From Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
In order to login to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account, your system must be connected to your Linksys router. For that, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the router and the other end to the system. Hence, follow the below-given detailed procedure for Linksys Router Login:
- Open the confirmation mail from your email inbox that you have received after creating an account. If you do not find the mail in the inbox folder, check it in the Spam folder. Once you locate the mail, click on the “Sign In” link given there. Alternatively, type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar and press Enter from your keyboard.
- By doing so, Linksys Smart Wi-fi Sign In window will appear on your screen.
- To start the process of Linksys router login, enter the email address that is associated with your Smart Wi-fi account.
- In the next field, type the password that you have used at the time of account creation. But if you do not remember your password, click on the Forgot Your Password link. Then, follow the on-screen instructions displayed on your screen to reset your password.
- After that, tick mark the “Remember Me” checkbox. This will save your login details. Now, you will be directly Sign in to your account next time without providing your login credentials.
- At last, click on the Sign In button and you will be successfully logged into your account.
- Now, it will show you the Associate router window. You need to link the router to your account by entering your router’s administrative password. The router password is set to admin by default. But if you have changed it, you need to use the current router password. Then, click on the OK button.
Linksys Router Login Using the IP Address
If you do not have the Linksys Wi-Fi account, you can also login to your Linksys router by using the IP address of your router. Make sure that the router is connected to your system with the help of the Ethernet cable. Therefore, follow the below-given steps for Linksys router login:
- Firstly, open a web browser on your system.
- Now, type your router’s default IP address i.e 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press the Enter key from your keyboard. But if the IP address does not work or it has changed recently, check your Linksys router’s IP address.
- Next, the Linksys router login window will display on your screen. In case, you can’t access the router’s login page, you may reset the router to its default factory settings. For that, press and hold the reset button located at the back of your router for 10 seconds. Make sure that the Power LED light is blinking when you press the Reset button.
- Once you access the Linksys router login page, enter your router password into the given field under the “Access Router” section. The default password is admin but if you have changed it, use the new password.
- Then, click on the Sign In button. Now you are successfully logged in to your Linksys router. After signing in, you can change the router settings i.e connectivity, wireless settings, change the router password, etc.
This concludes the Linksys router login process.